Comments Guidelines & Policy
I look forward to discussion on my site, however I am also concerned that we keep it proper, so everybody can participate. Thus, we need some rules to prevent conversation from becoming a shouting match that discourages others from engaging.
Here’s my comments guidelines & policy. By posting on my blog, you agree to the following:
(1) You register to add comments. Your registration also makes you a member with many free membership bonuses seen here. You can use any name & working email address to register.
(2) You’re welcome to post follow-up questions. If you have a question, chances are others have the same question. Therefore, I’d rather receive your questions & comments here on my blog than via email. This way I can answer everyone at once rather than answer several similar emails.
(3) You may disagree with me. I ask that if you disagree with me—or anyone else—please do so in a way that is respectful.
(4) I reserve the right to delete anybody’s comments. First, I don’t have an obligation to publish anybody’s comments; I allow the publication on my website of other’s comments in the hope of helping people. That said, if you’re a U.S. citizen, The First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions on your blog – not mine. Specifically, I will delete anybody’s comments if they post something that is, in my sole opinion, (a) snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your recent blog post or a link that goes directly to your website if your website meets the guidelines mentioned above in point #4.
(5) You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings. You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
In short, my goal is to host interesting conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people. I believe this comments policy will facilitate this.
Many thanks to Michael Hyatt for his work in the development of this comments policy.