Who Is Don Mondell?
Hi, I’m Don Mondell. I help broken Christians who struggle with either addictions, anger, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, perfectionism or marriage & relationship failures. Those issues are often related to childhood physical, sexual or verbal abuse, and/or a parent’s drug addiction, alcoholism, abandonment, neglect or divorce.
My emphasis is on helping broken Christians recover from past trauma and discovering God’s purpose for their life.
I’m a born-again believer of 40+ years, a Bible-based Christian Counselor, Coach & Healing Prayer Practitioner, as well as a Certified Human Behavior Consultant.
I’ve served individuals and local churches for over 30 years, as well as two years of service in a men’s drug rehabilitation ministry. I am also the founder and former president of SoulCare Research.
PHILOSOPHY OF MINISTRY
For more than half my life I have been dedicated to the study of sacred scripture, theology, and biblical counseling. I first base my ministry of Christian counseling, coaching & care upon that foundation.
I also believe that researchers have succeeded in understanding some of the how & why to our human characteristics, tendencies, frailties & falterings. We call this Psychology.
I do not believe all Psychology is correct in regard to people when it is opposed to sacred Scripture. I do believe Psychology has developed useful insights into humans that also align with Scripture. I too think that Psychology has devised diagnostic instruments that can be helpful, at times, as well.
Primarily, I function from a viewpoint that includes: Theology, Systematic Theology, Practical Theology, Biblical Psychology, Human Psychology, Human Physical Health
- Theology is the study of and about the Creator rather than the created. Theology is focused on knowing what we can know about God himself as revealed in sacred Scripture.
- Systematic Theology summarizes the Bible, Church history, nature, and Christian philosophy into a Biblical worldview about a topic.
- Practical Theology is the belief that drives behavior to accomplish God’s purposes in human life.
- Biblical Psychology is understanding that the doctrines of salvation and sanctification do not operate solely in a physical, tangible, bodily sense, but are unavoidably psychological, and nonetheless theological.
- Human Psychology (man-discovered truth) is what we developed in understanding our interior human nature. I believe the portions of Psychology that can be proven and that are in agreement with sacred Scripture.
- Human Physical Health (man-discovered truth) is of use because God created us integrated beings and what often affects the body can affect the mind and vice versa.
In my ministry to broken Christians, I may use a combination of Scriptural truth with man-discovered truth (psychological facts, personality facts, physical health facts, etc.). I reference man-discovered truth when I believe it is in agreement with Scripture. I further mean such man-discovered truth as what we know about sleep, diet, exercise, brain science, etc. I caution I am not an expert in any of those areas and always suggest a person refer to their appropriate health practitioner.
Private Counseling Ministry: 8+ years
In-office & DonMondell.com
Founder/President: 5+ years
Staff – Counseling & Ministries Management: 15+ years
Harvest Temple, Largo FL., Covenant Community Ministries, Ft. Myers, FL., New Hope Church, Kodak, TN.
Instructor/Counselor: 2 years
Mercy House, Men’s Rehab, Sevierville, TN
Rather than a traditional college lecture & exam method, I was blessed to have 15 years of rabbinic style education & mentorship. I learned & practiced Pastoral Counseling, Bible & Theology, and Ministry Management under the direction of men who served for decades in senior positions as pastors, counselors, and professors.
- Dr. Dale Denham, Ph.D.
- Dr. J.R. Buskey, Ph.D.
- Old Testament Survey: Moody Bible Institute, multiple professors
- Old & New Testament Survey: Dr. R.C. Sproul, Ph.D.
- New Testament Structure & Story: Dr. Lynn Cohick, Ph.D.
- Theology & Christian Philosophy: Dr. R.C. Sproul, Ph.D.
- Human Behavior & Personality Temperaments: Dr. Mels Carbonell, Ph.D.
- Pastoral Counseling Foundations & Practices: Dr. C. Gary Barnes, Ph.D.
- Breaking Free: AACC, multiple professors
- Addiction & Recovery: AACC, multiple professors
- Stress & Trauma Care: AACC, multiple professors
- Caring for People God’s Way: AACC, multiple professors
- Marriage Works: AACC, multiple professors
- Emotional Damage & Healing: Dr. David Seamands
- Healing Prayer: Dr. J.R. Buskey, Ph.D.
- Transformation Prayer: Dr. Ed Smith, Ph.D.
- DISC Personality Assessment: Certified, Uniquely You Organization
- Spiritual Gifts Assessment: Certified, Uniquely You Organization
- Human Behavior Consultant: Certified Advanced, Uniquely You Organization
- Association of Biblical Counselors (ABC)
- American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC)
- Biblical Counseling Coalition (BCC)
- Christian Counseling Education Foundation (CCEF)
- Uniquely You Organization
- Roman Catholic
- Christian Missionary & Alliance
- Church of God
- Assemblies of God
I was raised in business and also achieved a diploma in Marketing Communications from Ashworth College. I had a large family a typical ministry salary could not support, so I functioned as a bi-vocational minister for many years. Along with ministry, I was also employed in the private sector and government as the Director of Communications for Gary Wilkes, Inc., and a Public Information Specialist for Lee County Board of County Commissioners.
PROJECTS (in development)
AUTHOR – BOOKS: Upcoming book trilogy designed to help broken Christians, 1) lose the pain of their past, 2) find the love of their God, and 3) plan the path of their future.
- soulHOPE – Lose the Pain of My Past & Find Peace at Last – Help for Christians Affected by Alcoholics, Addicts or Abusers
- soulFOCUS – Experience Anew God’s Love for You
- soulPURPOSE – Why On Earth Am I Here?
AUTHOR – COURSES
- Why On Earth Am I Here?
- Godly ApPARENT
- 90-Minute Marriage Tune-up
- MARRIED: one wife, 40+ years
- CHILDREN: one adult daughter, three adult sons, two daughters-in-law
- GRANDCHILDREN: one granddaughter, two grandsons
- MASCOT: Elly (Bengal/Domestic Feline)
- AGE: 60+
- HOBBIES: Writing, Reading, Photography, Music, A/V Production, Technology, Film
- FAVORITES: Beach, Caribbean Cruises, Forests, Laughing