Who Is Don Mondell?
Hi, I’m Don Mondell. I help broken Christians who struggle with either addictions, anger, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, perfectionism or marriage & relationship failures. Those issues are often related to childhood physical, sexual or verbal abuse, or a parent’s drug addiction, alcoholism, abandonment, neglect or divorce.
My emphasis is on helping broken Christians recover from past trauma and discovering God’s purpose for their life.
I’m a born-again believer of 40+ years, a Bible-based Christian Counselor, Coach & Healing Prayer Practitioner, as well as a Certified Human Behavior Consultant.
I’ve served individuals and local churches for over 30 years, as well as two years of service in a men’s drug rehabilitation ministry. I am also the founder and former president of SoulCare Research.
PHILOSOPHY OF MINISTRY
For more than half of my life, I have studied sacred scripture, theology, and biblical counseling. I first base my ministry of Christian counseling, coaching & care upon that foundation.
I also believe that researchers have succeeded in understanding some of the how & why to our human characteristics, tendencies, frailties & falterings. We call this Psychology.
I do not believe all Psychology is correct regarding people when it is opposed to sacred Scripture. I do think Psychology has developed useful insights into humans that also align with Scripture. I believe too that Psychology has devised diagnostic instruments that can be helpful, at times, as well.
Primarily, I function from a viewpoint that includes: Theology Proper, Systematic Theology, Practical Theology, Biblical Psychology, Human Psychology, Human Physical Health
- Theology Proper is the study of the Creator rather than the created. Theology Proper focuses on knowing what we can know about God himself as revealed in sacred Scripture and his creation.
- Systematic Theology summarizes the Bible, Church history, nature, and Christian philosophy into a Biblical worldview about a topic.
- Practical Theology is the core beliefs that drive behavior to accomplish God’s purposes in human life.
- Biblical Psychology is understanding that the doctrines of salvation and sanctification do not operate solely in a physical, tangible, bodily sense, but are unavoidably psychological, and nonetheless theological.
- Human Psychology (man-discovered truth) is what we developed in understanding our inner human nature. I believe portions of Psychology are in agreement with sacred Scripture.
- Human Physical Health (man-discovered truth) is of use because God created us integrated beings; what affects the body may affect the mind and vice versa.
In my ministry to broken Christians, I may use a combination of Scriptural truth along with well-known man-discovered truth. When I say, “man-discovered truth,” I mean documented facts regarding the brain & body sciences, such as personality, emotion, intellect, sleep, nutrition, exercise & human health. I caution I am not an expert in any of those areas and always suggest a person refer to their appropriate health practitioner.
Private Coaching & Counseling Ministry: 8+ years
In-office & DonMondell.com
Founder/President: 5+ years
Staff – Counseling & Ministries Management: 15+ years
Harvest Temple, Largo FL., Covenant Community Ministries, Ft. Myers, FL., New Hope Church, Kodak, TN.
Instructor/Counselor: 2 years
Mercy House, Men’s Rehab, Sevierville, TN
Unlike a strict traditional classroom lecture & exam process, I received 15 years of the rabbinic style of education & mentorship. I learned & practiced Pastoral Counseling, Bible & Theology, and Ministry Management under the direction of men who served for decades in senior positions as pastors, counselors, and professors.
- Dr. Dale Denham, Ph.D.
- Dr. J.R. Buskey, Ph.D.
- Old Testament Survey: Moody Bible Institute, multiple professors
- Old & New Testament Survey: Dr. R.C. Sproul, Ph.D.
- New Testament Structure & Story: Dr. Lynn Cohick, Ph.D.
- Theology Proper & Christian Philosophy: Dr. R.C. Sproul, Ph.D.
- Pastoral Counseling Foundations & Practices: Dr. C. Gary Barnes, Ph.D.
- Biblical Soul Care: Dr. Tim Clinton, Ph.D.
- Pastoral Counseling: Dr. J.R. Buskey, Ph.D.
- Caring for People God’s Way: Dr. Tim Clinton, Ph.D.
- Human Behavior & Personality Temperaments: Dr. Mels Carbonell, Ph.D.
- DISC Personality Assessment Proficiency: Dr. Mels Carbonell, Ph.D.
- Spiritual Gifts Assessment: Dr. Mels Carbonell, Ph.D.
- Personality & Spiritual Gifts Theory: Dr. Mels Carbonell, Ph.D.
- Breaking Free: AACC, multiple professors
- Addiction & Recovery: AACC, multiple professors
- Stress & Trauma Care: AACC, multiple professors
- Marriage Works: AACC, multiple professors
- Emotional Damage & Healing: Dr. David Seamands
- Healing Prayer: Dr. J.R. Buskey, Ph.D.
- Transformation Prayer: Dr. Ed Smith, Ph.D.
- DISC Personality Assessment: Certified, Uniquely You Organization
- Spiritual Gifts Assessment: Certified, Uniquely You Organization
- Human Behavior Consultant: Certified Advanced, Uniquely You Organization
- Association of Biblical Counselors (ABC)
- American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC)
- Biblical Counseling Coalition (BCC)
- Christian Counseling Education Foundation (CCEF)
- Uniquely You Organization
- Roman Catholic
- Christian Missionary & Alliance
- Church of God
- Assemblies of God
I was raised in a family business and also achieved a diploma in Marketing Communications from Ashworth College. I had a large family that a typical ministry salary could not support, so I functioned as a bi-vocational minister for many years. Along with ministry, I worked in the private sector as the Director of Communications for a construction firm. I also served as a Public Information Specialist within local government.
PROJECTS (in development)
AUTHOR – BOOKS: Upcoming book trilogy designed to help broken Christians, 1) lose the pain of their past, 2) find the love of their God, and 3) plan the path of their future.
- soulHOPE – Lose the Pain of My Past & Find Peace at Last – Help for Christians Affected by Alcoholics, Addicts or Abusers
- soulFOCUS – Experience Anew God’s Love for You
- soulPURPOSE – Why On Earth Am I Here?
AUTHOR – COURSES
- Why On Earth Am I Here?
- Godly ApPARENT
- 90-Minute Marriage Tune-up
- MARRIED: one wife, 40+ years
- CHILDREN: one adult daughter, three adult sons, two daughters-in-law
- GRANDCHILDREN: one granddaughter, two grandsons
- MASCOT: Elly (Bengal/Domestic Feline)
- AGE: 60+
- HOBBIES: Writing, Reading, Photography, Music, A/V Production, Technology, Film
- FAVORITES: Beach, Caribbean Cruises, Forests, Laughing