Who Is Don Mondell?
Hi, I’m Don Mondell. I help broken Christians who struggle with either addictions, anger, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, perfectionism, or marriage & relationship failures. Those issues are often related to childhood physical, sexual or verbal abuse, or a parent’s drug addiction, alcoholism, abandonment, neglect or divorce.
My emphasis is on helping broken Christians recover from past trauma and discovering God’s purpose for their life.
I’m a born-again believer of 40+ years, a Bible-based Christian Counselor, Coach & Healing Prayer Practitioner, as well as a Certified Human Behavior Consultant.
I’ve served individuals and local churches for over 30 years, as well as two years of service in a men’s drug rehabilitation ministry. I am also the founder and former president of SoulCare Research.
PHILOSOPHY OF MINISTRY
For more than half of my life, I have studied sacred scripture, theology, and biblical counseling. I first base my ministry of Christian counseling, coaching & care upon that foundation.
I also believe that researchers have succeeded in understanding some of the how & why to our human characteristics, tendencies, frailties & falterings; we call this Psychology.
I do not believe all Psychology is correct regarding people when it is opposed to sacred Scripture. I do think Psychology has developed useful insights into humans that also align with Scripture. I believe too that Psychology has devised diagnostic instruments that can be helpful, at times, as well.
Primarily, I function from a viewpoint that includes: Theology Proper, Systematic Theology, Practical Theology, Biblical Psychology, Human Psychology, Human Physical Health
- Theology Proper is the study of God, Himself. It focuses on knowing what we can know about God himself as revealed in sacred Scripture and his creation.
- Systematic Theology summarizes the Bible, Church history, nature, and Christian philosophy into a Biblical worldview about a topic.
- Practical Theology is the core beliefs that drive behavior to accomplish God’s purposes in human life.
- Biblical Psychology is understanding that the doctrines of salvation and sanctification do not operate solely in a physical, tangible, bodily sense. They are unavoidably psychological, and nonetheless theological.
- Human Psychology (man-discovered truth) is what we developed in understanding our inner human nature. I believe portions of Psychology are in agreement with sacred Scripture.
- Human Physical Health (man-discovered truth) is of use because God created us integrated beings; what affects the body may affect the mind and vice versa.
In my ministry to broken Christians, I may use a combination of Scriptural truth along with well-known man-discovered truth. When I say, “man-discovered truth,” I mean documented facts regarding the brain & body sciences, such as personality, emotion, intellect, sleep, nutrition, exercise & human health. I caution I am not an expert in any of those areas and always suggest a person refer to their appropriate health practitioner.
Private Coaching & Counseling Ministry: 8+ years
In-office & DonMondell.com
Founder/President: 5+ years
Staff – Counseling & Ministries Management: 15+ years
Harvest Temple, Largo FL., Covenant Community Ministries, Ft. Myers, FL., New Hope Church, Kodak, TN.
Instructor/Counselor: 2 years
Mercy House, Men’s Rehab, Sevierville, TN
Unlike a strict traditional classroom lecture & exam process, I received 15 years of the rabbinic style of education & mentorship. I learned & practiced Pastoral Counseling, Bible & Theology, and Ministry Management under the direction of men who served for decades in senior positions as pastors, counselors, and professors.
- Dr. Dale Denham, Ph.D.
- Dr. J.R. Buskey, Ph.D.
- Old Testament Survey: Moody Bible Institute, multiple professors
- Old & New Testament Survey: Dr. R.C. Sproul, Ph.D.
- New Testament Structure & Story: Dr. Lynn Cohick, Ph.D.
- Theology Proper & Christian Philosophy: Dr. R.C. Sproul, Ph.D.
- Pastoral Counseling Foundations & Practices: Dr. C. Gary Barnes, Ph.D.
- Biblical Soul Care: Dr. Tim Clinton, Ph.D.
- Pastoral Counseling: Dr. J.R. Buskey, Ph.D.
- Caring for People God’s Way: Dr. Tim Clinton, Ph.D.
- Human Behavior & Personality Temperaments: Dr. Mels Carbonell, Ph.D.
- DISC Personality Assessment Proficiency: Dr. Mels Carbonell, Ph.D.
- Spiritual Gifts Assessment: Dr. Mels Carbonell, Ph.D.
- Personality & Spiritual Gifts Theory: Dr. Mels Carbonell, Ph.D.
- Breaking Free: AACC, multiple professors
- Addiction & Recovery: AACC, multiple professors
- Stress & Trauma Care: AACC, multiple professors
- Marriage Works: AACC, multiple professors
- Emotional Damage & Healing: Dr. David Seamands
- Healing Prayer: Dr. J.R. Buskey, Ph.D.
- Transformation Prayer: Dr. Ed Smith, Ph.D.
- DISC Personality Assessment: Certified, Uniquely You Organization
- Spiritual Gifts Assessment: Certified, Uniquely You Organization
- Human Behavior Consultant: Certified Advanced, Uniquely You Organization
- Association of Biblical Counselors (ABC)
- American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC)
- Biblical Counseling Coalition (BCC)
- Christian Counseling Education Foundation (CCEF)
- Uniquely You Organization
- Roman Catholic
- Christian Missionary & Alliance
- Church of God
- Assemblies of God
I was raised in the family business and achieved a Marketing Communications diploma from Ashworth College. I have been a husband & father for 40+ years with a large family that a typical ministry salary could not support. Thus, I functioned as a bi-vocational minister for many years. Along with ministry, I worked in the private sector as the Director of Communications for a construction firm. I also served as a Public Information Specialist within local government.
PROJECTS (in development)
AUTHOR – BOOKS: Upcoming book trilogy designed to help broken Christians, 1) lose the pain of their past, 2) find the love of their God, and 3) plan the path of their future.
- soulHOPE – Lose the Pain of My Past & Find Peace at Last – Help for Christians Affected by Alcoholics, Addicts or Abusers
- soulFOCUS – Experience Anew God’s Love for You
- soulPURPOSE – Why On Earth Am I Here?
AUTHOR – COURSES
- Why On Earth Am I Here?
- Godly ApPARENT
- 90-Minute Marriage Tune-up
- MARRIED: one wife, 40+ years
- CHILDREN: one adult daughter, three adult sons, two daughters-in-law
- GRANDCHILDREN: one granddaughter, two grandsons
- MASCOT: Elly (Bengal/Domestic Feline)
- AGE: 60+
- HOBBIES: Writing, Reading, Photography, Music, A/V Production, Technology, Film
- FAVORITES: Beach, Caribbean Cruises, Forests, Laughing